Spring Term 2
Spring 2 - What does South America have to offer?
In this topic we will learn to
- name, locate and describe different countries in South America concentrating on their environmental regions, key physical and human characteristics and some major cities
- identify the position of Equator, Northern Hemisphere and the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn,Arctic and Antarctic circle.
- recognise and understand the geographical similarities and differences through the study of human and physical geography of different regions of the UK and a region within South America (Brazil).
- Describe and understand key aspects of human geography including trade links within South America, settlements.
- use a 8 point compass
- use maps, atlases, digital/computer mapping to locate countries and features covered in the UK and elsewhere