How to Apply for High School
Is your child in Year 6?
Do you want to know how to apply for high school?
We update this page in September each year, ready for new high school applications.
Parents can make their online application through the Citizens Portal on the Council's website (see link below).
On Thursday 6th October there will be a coffee morning workshop for any parents or carers who need support with this. If you need any support before, please contact the school.
The deadline to apply is October 31st at 5:00pm.
Parent/Carer Evenings at the start of the Year
Many local high schools have information evenings for you to attend to find out more about the school. Take a look:
- Abraham Moss | Thursday 13th October, time TBC
- Coop Academy Belle Vue | Tuesday 4th October
- Coop Academy Manchester |Tuesday 20th September 4:00-7:00pm
- Coop Academy North Manchester | Thursday 29th September, time TBC
- Eden Boys' Leadership Academy | Thursday 29th September 5:30-7:30pm
- Eden Girls' Leadership Academy | Thursday 6th October, 4:00-7:00pm
- Manchester Communications Academy | Thursday 22nd September, time TBC
- Our Lady's RC High School | Thursday 22nd September, 4:30-7:00pm
- Trinity High School | Thursday 29th September 6:00-8:30pm (morning tours 9:15-10:45, Tues, Weds and Thrs 13th September - 20th October)
Is your child in Year 6 now? Are you waiting for your offer?
National Offer Day for Secondary 2023 will be 1 March 2023 for on-time applicants. Late applicants will find out their school offer at a later date.
Want to know more about local high schools?
Learn about the different high schools we usually feed into.
Visit our transition page (below) where there are links for all local high schools.
Want to know where your nearest high school is?