At Irk Valley, we offer volunteer placements.
Our volunteers have to undergo a placement interview before starting and need to be DBS checked. Once a placement is offered, volunteers must have:
- Safeguarding Training
- Health and Safety Training
- GDPR training
- 'In-Class Support' Training
We ensure our volunteers are:
- Supported by experienced teaching assistants
- Assigned to a class teacher and senior leader
- Supported with college assignments and tasks
Some of the training we deliver to volunteers includes:
- Behaviour Management
- Supporting learners with SEND
- Supporting the teaching of Phonics
We recognise all the benefits of having volunteers in our school. We want our volunteers to improve their knowledge and understanding of the teaching assistant role as well as aid our busy school to meet its goals.
We offer one term placements, with review meetings to consider extension to two term and even full year placements.
Volunteers at Irk Valley may require a placement due to a course qualification (online or at college) or just want to gain personal experience.
For enquiries about volunteering, please contact Miss L Smith (deputy headteacher) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 413 8707.