Thank you for your continuous support so far this year.
Please find examples of work, different methods and techniques modelled or explained within the sublinks below for you to use at home whilst learning with your child.
End of Year 2 Writing Expectations.
Working Towards the Expected Standard the pupil can, after discussion with the teacher:
- Write sentences that are sequenced to form a short story (real or fictional)
- Demarcate some sentences with capital letters and full stops
- Spell some common exception words
- Form lower-case letters in the correct direction, starting and finishing in the right place
- Form lower-case letters of the correct size relative to one another in some of their writing
- Use spacing between words
Work samples of Working Towards the Expected Standard:
Working at the Expected Standard the pupil can, after discussion with the teacher:
- Write simple, coherent stories (real or fictional)
- Demarcate most sentences in their writing with capital letters and full stops, and use question marks correctly when required
- Use present and past tense mostly correctly and consistently
- Use “or / and / but / when / if / that / because” to join two short sentences
- Spell many common exception words
- Form capital letters and digits of the correct size, orientation and relationship to one another and to lower-case letters
- Use spacing between words that reflects the size of the letters.
Work samples of Working at the Expected Standard:
Working Above the Expected Standard/ Greater Depth the pupil can, after discussion with the teacher:
- Write effectively and coherently for different purposes (to inform, to persuade or to entertain)
- Draw on their reading to inform the vocabulary and grammar of their writing
- Make simple additions, revisions and proof-reading corrections to their own writing
- Spell most common exception words
- Add suffixes to spell most words correctly in their writing
Eg. –ment, –ness, –ful, –less, –ly
- Use the diagonal and horizontal strokes needed to join some letters
Work samples of Working Above the Expected Standard/ Greater Depth: