Homework is set on google classroom every Friday, to be returned by the following Wednesday.
We ask for the children to complete their homework independently as possible as work set will usually consolidate their learning during the week.
If you have any questions regarding homework please do not hesitate to contact us via class dojo or leave a message with the office.
If you have any concerns regarding accessing homework using google classroom, please contact us via class dojo or leave a message with the office.
Please send your child in with their reading book every day. They will be listened to by either the teacher or the T.A every week and their book changed once they have read it confidently and they understand it. Please ensure the books are signed by an adult at home at least once a week.
What do parents need to know about home reading?
- Reading books should be brought in every day. Children should have books available to read during the day with an adult: before school, during school, after lunch and during down times.
- Children are listened to read by Teacher or Teaching assistant during the week.
- EYFS and KS1: Nursery - a group recalling session each week. Reception/KS1 should have a one-to-one reading session every week.
- KS2: Children should have a one-to-one reading session every week, unless their reading age is below their chronological age. In this case, the child should have a daily reading session. The book will match the child’s reading age and be the right level for this child to read independently
- Comments in reading diary will relate to fluency and/or comprehension.
- Nursery-Year 1 comments will focus on phonics and fluency. In Years 2-6 the focus will depend on their reading age assessment. If the child’s reading age is in-line with age, the comments should focus on comprehension. If the child’s reading age is below their chronological age, the session will focus on fluency.
- Bookmarks give ideas for comprehension questions related to books to share at home. To promote reading and positive attitudes school will hand out certificates, stamps, stickers and prizes.