Homework will be set on Friday's via Google Classroom and should be completed by the following Wednesday.
Having trouble accessing Google Classroom? Click here.
We ask for the children to complete their homework independently as work set will usually consolidate their learning during the week.
What do parents need to know about home reading?
- Reading books should be brought in every day.
- Children are listened to read by Teacher or Teaching assistant during the week. In Year 1, your child will have a one-to-one reading session every week.
- Comments in the reading diary will focus on phonics and fluency.
- Bookmarks give ideas for comprehension questions related to books to share at home.
- To promote reading and positive attitudes school will hand out certificates, stamps, stickers and prizes.
We 'strive for 5' signatures in your child's Reading Record each week to show that your child has read their book and can talk about it. If there are not enough signatures then your child will be asked to keep their book to read and understand it better.
Please make sure you read with your child every day and don't forget to share different types of books too - fairytales, comics, books in your home language or fact books too. It all counts!