Year 5 have PE every Monday morning and Friday afternoon.
PE at Irk Valley has been planned to ensure the children cover a range of skills within the curriculum.
PE Kit and Expectations
The following are our expectations in all PE lessons to ensure pupils participate in fun, engaging and safe activities:
Suitable school PE kit should be worn for each lesson. If school kit is not provided, children will still participate in the lesson unless school uniform is not appropriate for the activity - children will then undertake coaching or officiating roles.
Head scarves should be tightly secured or removed for PE. A specialist, tight-fitting head scarf can be a suitable alternative.
All children taking part in indoor PE should be barefoot unless the activity requires the wearing of pumps / trainers (basketball, athletics, indoor hockey, indoor football etc)
All children with verrucas should wear pumps.
It is important that children have suitable footwear (appropriate to the activity) to minimise the chances of injury.
School PE Kit
- plain white t-shirt
- plain black shorts or plain black joggers
- change of socks - preferably long black games socks
- sturdy trainers or astro-turf boots (gym pumps offer little protection in games sessions)
- plain black sweater or school sweater maybe worn in colder winter months at the discretion of the teacher
- woolly hats and gloves may also be worn in colder months
- hooded tops or coats shouldn't be worn as they pose a risk in games
All of the above items can be affordably purchased at Sports Direct, Primark, Tescos or online at such outlets as MM Direct.
* For Health and Safety reasons hooded jackets and jewellery including stud earrings are not permitted. *