Week Beginning 23rd March 2020
Please find a downloadable version of our work set on Google Classroom for your child.
- Draw a map of the streets around your home. Label the key human (things humans have built) and physical features (Things that are made from nature) of the environment.
- Find a variety of objects and materials in your home. In your books, write whether they bend, twist, stretch or squash.
For example, you could find a metal knife. Experiment to see if you can change its shape then write in your book whether you could bend, twist, stretch or squash it.
Art / D&T
Science / Geography
- Research who Ernest Shackleton is. (Polar Region explorer whose boat froze in the ice). Write key facts about who he is in your book.
Then, using the materials in your home, build a boat that can float in water. See how much weight your boat can hold before sinking
- Make your own playdoh. All you need is flour, salt, oil and water!
- Research ‘Art using cutlery’. Pick your favourite image and draw it in your book. Then have a go at recreating the image using your home-made playdoh.
Phase 2 and Phase 3 Activities: