An international rationale
The governors and staff recognise that global issues are an important part of the lives of our pupils living in a world where economies are increasingly interdependent and global communication is a daily reality. At Irk Valley Community School both governors and staff believe that the global dimension should be reflected in the attitudes and values of our pupils, the ethos of the school, the Programmes of Study and Key Skills.
Through the inclusion of an international focus in Irk Valley Community Primary School, we are able to offer to our pupils, a range of experiences that will enhance their learning and raise awareness of their national and international identity.
- To provide an informed awareness of countries, cultures and languages other than their own.
- To encourage greater involvement in
- To encourage greater involvement in environmental issues.
- To develop curiosity about other cultures.
- To enable pupils, staff and governors to experience daily life in other countries.
- To promote the use of ICT in meaningful contexts for the development of communication skills.
- To provide an added opportunity for the promotion of equal opportunities, racial equality and Citizenship.
- To prepare pupils for life in a diverse global society and work in a competitive global economy
- To work with global partners to achieve their educational goals and ours.
- To raise the attainment in writing through emailing, letters,newspaper reports, etc.
- To provide opportunities to develop speaking and listening skills.
Project 1 - Different Country, Different Cultures
In March we received lots of information from our partner school in Poland. They designed posters and gave us lots of information about their school day and routines. We replied with a collection of work detailing how we celebrate World Book Day! Take a look.
Project 2 - Celebrations
Our Partner school in Poland sent us a bumper pack of Easter eggs which they had carefully decorated. They also sent us cards and lots of additional information about how they celebrate Easter in Poland.
We have links with three schools around the world.